Quick Summary Armstrong Craven is pleased to announce the appointment of Richard Smelt to the team of advisers.2 min Read
At Armstrong Craven, we're pleased to announce we've added to our growing team of highly experienced advisers. Richard Smelt will be joining Tony Vickers-Byrne to help us further develop our links with the HR leadership community.
This appointment is another big step in the right direction for us as we continue to grow our team. By utilising Richard's experience, we can develop even more ways to bring value to our clients around the world.
Peter Howarth, Joint Managing Director, said:
"We are delighted to be able to welcome Richard as an adviser to Armstrong Craven. With his stellar career as a Human Resources Executive in public and private companies, involvement with international businesses and high-profile transformations, Richard brings an incredible depth of expertise and insight. We are very much looking forward to working with Richard to continue to develop our services and provide the expertise that will help our clients transform the way they manage talent."
Richard Smelt, Non-Exec Adviser, said:
"I am delighted to bring my HRD experience to join AC as a Non-Exec Adviser to the Board. We all know how to fill a job, but filling a pipeline can be a challenge. With over 25 years of experience in Talent Mapping, Pipelining, Executive Search and Talent Insight AC are a strong partner with global reach in this field. I look forward to supporting the business in its growth and development. "
About Richard Smelt
Richard's career has been defined by change management. As a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and with an MBA from London Business School, he has created real change within businesses for over 35 years. During Richard's career, he's worked on many exciting projects for huge companies, including:
- The repositioning of HFC, a consumer finance company
- Working in Kingfisher's UK and France electrical retailing division
- Taking charge of the downsizing and turnaround at Signet
- Working for Guy Hands at Nomura's Principal Finance Group, now named Terra Firma
- The Carphone Warehouse's Group HR Director, helping grow the business in Europe and introducing new business streams such as the creation of TalkTalk
- CEO of OneTel before its integration into TalkTalk.
- Joined Northern Rock in 2008 as part of the turnaround team as HR Director
- HR Director at McCain Foods
Richard has now retired from his HR role to focus on his Non-Executive capabilities. Today, he adds Armstrong Craven to his portfolio as he helps us take our next steps in this rapidly changing business world.